Coconut oil is a very versatile natural product that you can use for your health, as well as your skin and even your hair. When it comes to beauty, you will find that coconut oil is recommended far more than any other product. Please make sure that you are using organic, virgin, unrefined coconut oil.
As stated in Livestrong.com: “Producers make the virgin product by mechanically pressing the coconut meat soon after picking. Because of this difference, they need not use any chemicals to treat the oil and it retains more of the compounds naturally present.”
Here are five different ways to use coconut oil for natural beauty:
1. Deep Condition Your Hair
Do you want soft, manageable hair? Coconut oil will do this for you. It can be used completely on its own as a hair mask. The oil contains medium chain fatty acids that are good at putting lost moisture back into hair. Coconut oil is also filled with many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that can bring back the shine to lackluster hair. Your scalp health will improve and it supports hair growth. The best benefit is the added volume and shine that you will achieve without any harmful chemicals. Here is what to do:
• Melt the coconut oil by putting the jar under hot water
• Scoop some into your hands and massage into your hair.
• Work it through your wet hair. Shower and leave the oil in until you rinse it off with warm water.
• Pamper yourself and wrap your hair in a towel for deep conditioning.
• Leave the coconut oil on your hair for approximately an hour.
2. Remove Your Makeup
What could be simpler than taking a small amount of coconut oil to use as a makeup remover? All-natural coconut oil works the best. It can be purchased in a big jar that lasts a lot longer and works better than traditional makeup removers.
• Dip a cotton pad into the jar and remove makeup.
• You can also put it directly on your skin with your fingers.
• Rinse away the excess, but don’t worry about leaving it on your skin. It is a great moisturizer.
3. Take A Detox Bath
It is so easy to use in the bath. Combine detoxifying Epsom salts with the oil:
• Add ¼ cup of detoxifying Epsom salts to ¼ cup of coconut oil and put into a hot bath.
• Let your mind and body relax. Want some extra pampering? Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
4. Get Softer Skin and Cuticles
Do you want an easy way to moisturize your skin? Use coconut oil as a body lotion or massage it into your skin before you apply your usual lotion. A little goes a long way so try not to use too much. It is a miracle cure for dry, cracked cuticles. Rub some into your cuticles and wait for the magic to happen! The creamy moisture will make your nails look better and manicures last longer.
5. Apply as Under-Eye Cream
Finally, gently wash your face and then apply some melted coconut oil to your under eye skin. This area is very delicate so you should very gently pat on the oil. You’ll find that your eyes will be less puffy, your fine lines and wrinkles will improve and dark circles will greatly improve.